Tiredness is the chronic form of fatigue that is either physically or mentally. It may be caused by numerous reasons, be it workplace issues, unhealthy lifestyle or stress. You may feel lethargic and low in energy because of nutrient deficiency as they are responsible to keep the body active and energetic throughout the day. What you might be missing out is realizing the fact that without changing the lifestyle, you would not be able to get rid of fatigue and feeling of tiredness. Even, your body may not be able to perform the required tasks. Sometimes, sleeping is not enough to restore the energy level. So, what to do then? How to cure tiredness without sleep? What are the areas to take care of?
Steps to Restoring Energy – Professional Tips on How to Cure Tiredness Without Sleep
To begin with, you have to search for different ways to recover and increase the energy level. It’s better to consult with a health practitioner in order to get the perfect plan according to your medical history.
Be sure to consume such foods that give optimal energy and other nutrients. Since digestive system has to break down those meals, it’s important that you pay special attention to its performance. Later, stomach is responsible to absorb some elements while some are absorbed by the small intestine. Your part is to ensure good health and proper functioning of all organs so that they can send the required level of energy to respective parts, thus not making the body to feel tired.
One of the important sources of energy is glucose, coming from carbohydrates, followed by amino acids and fatty acids (from fats). Virtually, glucose is transferred to the entire body cells through the bloodstream that is later burnt with oxygen to generate energy. So, when this process is completed properly, there would be no reason for you to feel tired, meaning that you can remain active and energetic for the whole day.
Change Your Diet
When it comes to finding out how to cure tiredness without sleep, diet turns out to be one of the crucial factors since your body always needs different nutrients and vitamins to perform its functions. According to different health practitioners, here is what everybody should pay attention to:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration because your body may not work properly.
- While consuming caffeine- either tea, coffee or cola, make sure not to exceed its consumption over 5. 1 or 2 cups in a day are enough to boost energy and overcome tiredness but, taking more than 5 cups may cause the body to feel irritable and anxious.
- Never skip breakfast. First meal in the morning is important for the body to give a good start for the day. Since the brain needs more carbohydrate that time, try to choose carbohydrate-rich meal options like whole grain breads or cereals.
- Not taking meals at the required time would lead to significant decrease in blood sugar levels. Don’t try to skip any meal just to lose weight as it only affects your body negatively.
- Going on crash diet is not a good idea since they used to be quite strict on carbohydrates thus not giving enough energy to the body to perform its responsibilities. Even, it causes deficiency of some nutrients, particularly minerals, trace elements and vitamins.
- Ideally, increase the intake of vegetables, fruits, low fat dairy products, lean meat and whole grain foods while decrease consumption of high salt, sugar and fat foods.
- Avoid overeating. Remember that taking meals in a large quantity may drain all energy. Instead of having 3 large meals in a day, break them down into 6 small portions in order to ensure even intake of calories. This way, you will be having a constant supply of sugar while ensure balance in insulin levels. Needless to say, your weight will lose faster than before.
- If you are not taking enough iron, it’s now time to do so. Anemia (iron-deficiency) is quite common in women due to which, they have to take such foods that are rich in iron like lean red meat.
Take Sufficient Sleep
Yes, not taking enough sleep is a major cause of tiredness. Nutritionists suggest to change sleeping habits and improve the quality of sleep. Here is what you should do:
- For an adult, 8-hour sleep is necessary.
- Shifting to healthy diet for tiredness means to limit caffeine so that you can avoid having insomnia.
- Do not take sleeping pills as they leave side effects in the long run without addressing actual causes of insomnia.
- For better sleep, avoid using television in bed.
Change Your Lifestyle
Apart from changing eating habits, improve your lifestyle and see how it would benefit your health. Needless to say, lifestyle is one of the significant aspects of how to cure tiredness without sleep. You just have to do the following:
- Discontinue smoking before cigarette smoke damages your internal organs. Remember that it contains numerous hazardous substances that reduce energy level and lead to tiredness more often than usual. In the process of combining oxygen with glucose to generate energy, carbon monoxide of cigarette smoke cuts down the supply of oxygen thus causing lesser production of energy.
- Make your body active, instead of adopting sedentary behavior like use of computers and watching TV because they only cause fatigue. Involve in physical activities that boost your energy level. This way, you can reduce chances of blood pressure, weight gain, anxiety and depression.
- If needed, take treatments for substance abuse. Recreational drug use or excessive alcohol consumption is responsible for fatigue.
Handle Your Psychological Problems
The question of how to cure tiredness without sleep highlights different psychological problems that include:
- Check your lifestyle and see how much stress you are putting on yourself. Understand that ongoing problems prolong depression and anxiety that may get a bit difficult to treat. If you face this problem, it’s better to seek professional counseling.
- Take relaxation training. Constant anxiety always decreases energy level and lead to significant burnout. Methods like yoga and meditation can help to reduce adrenaline and let the body to recover its energy.
- Don’t make your lifestyle hectic or else, you would end up having a lot of stress.
By following these life changing habits, you can see significant changes in your life. Treat your tiredness without making much efforts.